Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sorry I'm Late

I'm sorry for the delay folks. As I came through the gate and found my donkey the glint of sunlight off the nearby lake caught my attention. I just couldn't help myself; I had to check it out. As I came down the grassy knoll to the shore the blue of the water took my breath away. Sunlight sparkled off the surface casting a prism of color at my feet. I felt a deep stillness in my soul. I commented to Agnes (my donkey companion), I sure wish I brought my fishing gear this looks like a little piece of heaven to me!"

Agnes said, "Okay."

And there by my side was a tackle box and a nice Shakespeare casting outfit. It was just too tempting for me...I do love to fish. I told Agnes, "I'll just make a cast or two and we'll be on out way."

Agnes said, "Yeah, sure you will."

Well, that was four days ago. On my first cast, my line was hit like I had hooked a whale. Why didn't somebody warn me that Moby Dick was lurking about? Now the way things usually work is that the one doing the casting is the one doing the catching but that's not the way things happen here! The next thing I knew I was being pulled into the lake. Iknow. Iknow, you want to know why I didn't just let go of the rod, right? All I can say is old habits die hard. That was one primo fishing set up. I priced one last year and put it on my things to buy when I get rich list. I wasn't just about to let go of it, not without a fight.

I started trying to pull back but my feet kept slipping. When I was in the water up to my knees I came up against a rock and I held my own for a few minutes. That rod was bent almost in half and I thought...Shit it's going to break. Then all of a sudden the line went slack and I fell back into the water. Before I could get my feet under me, I was pulled out into the lake like a skier on a towrope.

At first I panicked. My lungs were burning...I needed air! Then I heard the most beautiful music. It was Pachelbel's Cannon in D. I finally let go of that rod and started kicking for the surface, at least I thought I was kicking for the surface. I didn't know which way was up. Then I heard a voice. At first it was just a whisper, "Let go." Then it became a little louder. "Let Go." I didn't know what it meant. I had already let go of the rod. Then it came like a shout, "LET GO OF YOUR FEAR!" I was still confused. I left my fear in the surrender box. I was drowning. For me, the world went black.

When I came to I was in a bubble with Mermaids all around me. I heard the music again. It was the most beautiful music I have ever heard. It was as if all the symphonies that ever existed were playing at once. Instead of being overwhelming the notes blended perfectly and made a new symphony that was greater than anything that had ever come before. Then the music stilled and everyone turned to look at me. I felt self-conscious. I didn't know what to do or say. As one their voices rang out. "Will you let go of your fear?" It came to me not as words spoken but as a choir of voices in perfect harmony.

"I left my fear in the surrender box, " I said.

"Not all of it," came their song.

"WILL YOU LET GO OF YOUR FEAR?" Came the chorus.

"Yes, I will let go of my fear!" I said.

With one voice they sang a note that would make Pavarotti proud and my bubble burst. I kept my eyes on the Mermaid in front of me. She reached out her hand and I took it. Without thinking about it, I was breathing. I was BREATHING! Do you know how cool it is to be able to breathe under water? I smiled and said, "My name is Melody." The Mermaid who took my hand smiled and said, "We know. My name is Metasea. Welcome."

They took me to their home in the lake and that's where I've been for the last few days. I was having so much fun with them it was hard for me to take my leave. I knew I had to go however and catch up with the rest of you. I pulled Metasea aside and told her I needed to continue my journey . My last night there the Mermaids threw a big party for me giving me gifts to remember them by. Metasea took me back to the shore but before she left she gave me a magic whistle. She told me if I ever wanted to visit no matter where I was or which body of water I was in all I had to do was blow the magic whistle and someone would come for me.

I climbed out onto the shore. There stood Agnes. I'm rushing to catch up.

1 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It seems that there really are many diversions here in Lemuria if your explanation is any indication Melody. :-) What a test to be put through. Similarly, when your heart is weighed at the door to the House of the Serpents the mistress of the scales cannot be fooled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home