Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The long and winding road (sorry Paul)

Let me sit a moment
let me think.

What I gave at the gate
my "don'ts", "can'ts" and "nevers"
They were left for a reason.

Now Eeyore,
The epitome of "can't, never and don't"
hmmmm
me thinks there may be good reason for us to be travelling together.

a test.
I get it, and I, again
face this challenge
head on.


We wandered, and lets just say the term wandering is used very loosely. I had never really paid much attention to Eeyore as a kid, Pooh and Piglet were always my favourites. Man, this guy can whinge! I swallowed all temptation to just sit and cry, took a deep breath and wandered on.

This pace, I must admit, is quite a nice pace to travel at. I originally thought that I would be lost, miss out on all the fun and activity along the way, but in a short time I have gauged the feel of this journey and I think I'll fit in just fine.

If I travel too fast (there's something in this to take away with you Samm) I'll miss everything. The lovely orchids hiding under trees, the beautiful glistening moss on the dark side of the trees, the busy birds way up high in the canopies.... Deep breaths, slow and steady wins the race as Dad always says.

Lets keep moving, I'm really dying to try the Peanut butter marbled brownies that Sage has made for us all....

1 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Oh, yes I can see that you will love it here! Hope we'll meet somwhere along The Serpentine Road. I'm traveling with Georgina, daughter of last year's sweet Geraldine and a rabbit. Go figure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home