Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Cher-lynn

We are in a dense part of the woods,
where shadows can linger
as long as they please,
or their work is done …
there is so much of Source here,
they must protect a bit.

Cher-lynn bats her eyes thrice –
a signal she wishes to speak.

“papa, why haven’t you posted
a heart map like the others?”

“that is why, I guess.”

“Well, I appreciate that,
‘everyone’s doing it’ is not a reason,
but we have discussed so much of ‘heart’
and soul and open hand …”

“If they wished to walk with us,
they would, little one …
but tell me, what would you say?”

“I’d tell ‘em how you can’t map a heart,
really -- since the concept of heart
is only a physical representation
of the soul’s balance ‘tween’
spirit an humanity. It is
ever changing, I mean –
and a map implies
bounds and means.”

I pluck an apple
from just beyond her reach,
which spiritually means
another universe
methinks.

“I’ve seen you standing there,
firm stance by staff and will
in the road –
with open hand extended,
heart upon your sleeve,
eternity in your eyes –
and whistled song.

Why would anyone need a map?”

Me? I don’t say nuthin –
nuthin at all!

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

And if you're not going there, why do you want to know where it is? Oh faucon, you are truly one of the travelling people :-)

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

True, everything changes by the moment, including the map. Oh la!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Where the other universe? no map on hand but each day brings some sense of things to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home