Monday, May 15, 2006

through the gate

And into the box I pour all my "can'ts", my "don'ts" and all my "never's"
These things which hold me back.
I shed my summer skin, skin which has grown tight with wear, tight with the heat of the sun.

The winter of my muse, runs ice cold fingers on my skin,
refreshes and invigorates.
Feeds my fire,
puts words in my fingers
which tap lightly over the keyboard of my life.

I feel ready.
I feel inspired.
I feel calm.

I take on this journey with full commitment,
meet it head on
and as I pass through the gate,
I hear my old skin cheer and applaud.

3 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow! You are out of the starting blocks and sprinting Samm. Well done. It will be no winter of discontent now. :-)

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Wow is right, Heather!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Luna said...

Bravo! I can hear your anticipation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home