Sunday, May 14, 2006

Maybe -- a donkey

It appears we should acquire a donkey,
and out of respect for Fran, I might –
but I had planned to walk the trail,
with naught much more than
Staff and Pouch and Scroll.

I don’t know if I can hear the flowers pray,
or teach the meadow lark to sing,
if I am chatting with a donkey,
no matter how brave or charming.

Perchance you have a hapless one
that otherwise might be left behind –
a bit lame perhaps,
or sloppy in flight or speaks with a lisp …
won’t matter – I need not ride,
nor require answers
to my running dialogue with life …

if you’ve a donkey
that needs a friend –
then I’ll tarry a bit by the meadow,
where that silly stream
keeps trying to run up hill …

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The donkey that needs a friend has big appealing eyes faucon. I am sure you will be happy to walk alongside her on your journey. Hopefully she will not be as talkative as Shrek's donkey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home