Friday, May 19, 2006

DONKEY SONG

So, we are just sitting round the fire,
toasting marshmallows –
(donkeys are not good at this),
and I suggest that Cher-lynn sing a song.
Whoo-eee!
I didn’t know I was creating a problem –
seems no donkey has ever sung
at a Bardic Circle before,
and most folk can hardly deal
with donkey-talk
no less a melody.

I guess I don’t understand people
vary well at all –
it’s alright to use a donkey to fetch and carry,
and even fly you to tomorrow quick,
but then you just let them sit there,
instead of dancing or singing
or playing a fife and drum.

So here is a song,
whether you want it or not –
and then its your donkey’s turn

EVER MIST DOWN


Come down to the meadow -- the meadow my love,
Where the seeds wait the kiss of dawning.
When the mists swirl 'way in faerie dance,
I'll finally see the soul of your yearning.

Refrain:

For the mists are down while the heart is lost,
And your dreams will never be found --
Come dance with me in everbe
And hearken to the ancient sound.

Come ye down to the sea -- the soft sea my love,
Where your fears will wash in the foamin'
The mists will rise up from the churning depths
To come down on the meadow at glommin'.

Refrain:

Come up to the mountain -- the mountain my love
Where the music is found ever more.
The fiddle will play and the harp will sing
To the beat of the waves on the shore.

Ever down She comes and down once more
To rise up with yer dreams and prayer,
You'll nay miss the mists of memories
When you sing loud the music of ever.

Refrain:

5 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Hamish appears to know only rude Scottish pub songs. I will prevail upon him to come up with something that can be performed in public.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

Thank you for providing some lightness to the journey. Maybe we can introduce Cher-lynn to Albert. He's a terrible singer.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Generally I find it easiert to understand animals faucon. For a non singer Cher-lynn has done very well.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This was very lovely, indeed.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Sure and I've sympathy for Cheri, Albert and all for I was the kid who was asked to sing
Softly my dear, you must have the tune
and all. The Secretary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home