Thursday, May 18, 2006

daily routines and a map

daily? of course. routine? hardly! Or maybe daily? sometimes but always different. Routine? hmmm

Take today for example.

Upon waking, I lie in that wonderful half sleep state, the state that allows me to choose whether to wake now or not. In this state, I dream, plan, remember, design and write. This is just the beginning. Sometimes, this stage is enough for an entire day and I am lulled back to sleep, to rest before beginning again. This morning, I woke. Within that half sleep time, I had "planned" my day.

By this time, Hubby is awake. While he completes his daily ablutions, I wash dishes, make our morning liver cleanser and daily heart starter, cups of hot water with lemon juice and lovely fresh juices, which are usually different everyday. It's a ritual you see and quite soothing. Hubby goes to his place of work then, all rested, cleansed and with his heart well and truly started.

My plan today involved begging the local tax office to do my very late tax return, depositing cheques at the bank, paying rent and numerous other bills, grocery shopping, showing a potential buyer some of my new pieces of art, coming home, writing then making more art...

My actual day went something along these lines.... local tax office shut till July 3, one cheque okay, the other with an inconsistent name on the cheque so it has to be rewritten, rent paid, bills paid, shopping done, until the card was declined at the shop..... hmmmm, back to the bank, no money. Something had been withdrawn. No groceries till monday. Lentils and a tin of tomatoes for a hungry Husband (you get the picture).... This is about where my routine went totally haywire. Home, seek solace in The Serpentine Road. Nice soothing cup of dandelion tea and honey.

Maybe my art time will be better!

And now to the map....

My heart, much like my daily routine, is a little up and down. On a daily basis and over my lifetime. I remember with much fondness, my childhood years. Warmth and freedom, family and friends, and always a dog. I reflect on autumn and winter months, surely my favourite. Dressed in that wonderful 70's style, brown cords, skivvy and swede desert boots! These images warm my heart and if you were to see the map at this point, there would be a lovely glow of red to mark the spot.

Teenage years mark the time where we moved to the country from Melbourne. A glow of yellow to show my excitement. Years of lovely memories flood my map, I smile as I write. What more could I want?

What does this black mark mean? As I am jerked rudely from my dreams, I remember returning from the country, to the city. This time melds not so nicely with the time mum and dad went their separate ways. Father leaves mother for a younger woman, leaves her with no support financial or otherwise - an all to familiar story.

Grey dots lighten and slowly brighten with time, accentuating particular events which fight to be remembered. An assignment worth crowing about, a new found friend, a new job...

A sparkle still remains on my map, the date I met my husband.

And now? I think there is a mark which can be clearly distinguished, you can see it can't you? It's that warm, cosy glow of contentment. The glow which hints at great things to come, a glow which marks the edge of an amazingly exciting precipice, one off which I am aching to fly.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger Samm said...

faucon of sakin'el

I receive your puff of silent breeze with much gratitude and on reflection of your blog profile send beams of awe and sunlight in return.

thank you
samm

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Those black marks do jolt and jar us Samm - reverberate through our being. I am learning to let myself feel the pain rather than numb it or hide it behind my armour.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home