Friday, May 19, 2006

I fear....

I fear I may have skimmed the surface of my past 3 years. I fear the gate to the house of serpents may not open unless I confess...


Tender, the love of a mother
Raw and innocent the love of a mother.
A life snuffed too early
too early at too young an age.

A mother loves unconditionally
she sees no flaws,
no wrongs
only rights.

The breast which fed me
the breast which gave me life,
nurtured me for months
failed her in only eleven.

Undetectable, by feel.
by sight, only by one aware
of one's body and its many guises.

Take note you women on this journey
Be not scared to watch in the mirror.
Orange peel, red rash and shrinkage
I beg of you, Take heed.


I'm so sorry to bring down the feel of this most joyous travelling, but I really felt that I hadn't expressed my feelings for the last three years of my life. In October 2002, my mum was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. There is no cure for this cancer. Mum died 11 months after diagnosis. Don't just look for a lump, check for ANY changes to your breast. During my half sleep in the morning, I mostly think of mum, still. When I wake at night, she is in my thoughts. When I'm feeling down, she pops into my head. I have a few chardy's and she's there. I'm not down all of the time, in fact most times I'm fine.... There are great things to reflect upon during this journey and it's lucky that the Gorgons are not ready for us yet.... I have much time to reflect.

smb

5 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The people at the door of the House of Serpents will let you in without hesitation Samm. Thinking of you - and sparing a thought for your Mum who would miss you too. Know she is with you always.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger The Gate Keeper said...

And thank you for encouraging us to take heed.......

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

All of these comments are important. Yes, your mother would be closeby, as Heather says.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger sarariches said...

Samm - I really understand your pain. I walk through my days, and there is a lot of happiness and much to make me rejoice, but some days I still need to take a duvet and sit alone in the quiet to mourn.

Maybe we can support each other along this path?

Sara xx

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Luna said...

Thanks for the advice. It's important to talk of these things. Each moment we have is a gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home