Friday, May 19, 2006

Diluted Sunshine - Forgetting What I Know

From reading the other's posts today, I feel I can share some of the feelings.
I seemed to have developed a great sadness inside me that I could not talk
about. It wasn't acceptable to, and even if I did, I never got a solid answer.
Something always happened to curtail the sunshine, so it was wise to not
be too idealistic, yet, inside the idealist is alive and well, that wants everything
perfect. And it is also wise not to dwell, but to gain understanding. Also, I have
no power over other people's choices. So, when I was 15 or so my godfather,
only young, was hit by a car on a morning ride and fell into a coma, and died
not long afterwards, leaving a young family. He was a lovely man, and I have
had to go within and heal my feelings of injustice over this event, that happened
a long time ago. Then a couple of years later, my grandmother, who lived with
us, died very suddenly from a stroke, just before my cousin's wedding, that she
was looking forward to very much. I was so upset at the funeral, and I missed
my grandmother, who was always full of uncommon wisdom. Then not long
after that my parents split, so there was a bit of confusion there, too. During
this time one of our friends took his own life, so this was another source of
confusion. This confusion, the diluted sunlight, has occupied my thoughts for
years. Part of me blamed myself for not being there, or being able to prevent
these things that seemed to happen so carelessly, as acts of God. Which of
course was a simple answer at the time, that did not serve me well as the
years went by. My idea of living and life has changed. Now I have to make
sure I don't forget what I know now, which is a lot different to the thoughts
I had back then, which were typical possibly, for my age. And I don't "blame"
myself for stuff as much anymore, but this would go on the map of the heart,
I think.
copyright Monika Roleff 2006.

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

The coldness will abate when you truly know you were not responsible for one of those happenings and accept that life, quite simply, is not fair. Observing nature has taught me how little control I have over anything, let alone my feelings. It is okay to feel.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Thanks so much Heather. It means a great deal to see these words in black and white. Thanks for your support. I agree, and the answer is true, life is simply not fair at all. Observing nature has taught me a great deal, too.

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger sarariches said...

"I feel I can share some of the feelings...."

I think that this is a safe place, that we amongst others who will care for us and that is why I have decided to map the shards of my heart. Thank you for sharing Imogen and know that we truly understand.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is so lovely of you to write this Sara, and what you say is true, that it is safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home