Sunday, May 21, 2006

mapping the heart breaks 4

My heart split into splinters the day my husband died unexpectedly. I have written about the event elesewhere so I will not go back over the details.

I do not know, even though I love another man deeply now, whether it is possible for a heart to heal after such a momentous break. The scars run so so deep.

Love is helping.
Time is helping.
Writing helps enormously.

Today I read a book called "the five people you meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom and these words went straight to my heart.

"Lost love is still love..It takes a different form that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it. ....Life has to end....Love doesn't."

I will write in honour of all those I have lost.

I have to put down the burden of my past losses to enter the gate, and to continue to celebrate the life I have been given, my wonderful new love, my two children and my little dog Martha who gives me a run for my money every time I take her on the beach!! I must celebrate the chance to write that has been granted to me.

I will live and laugh again. I will mend my heart. It may have sticky tape and plasters everywhere, there may be cracks apparent, but then I have lived and loved and lost several times and the cracks are a badge of honour.

I am going to celebrate being 54, feisty, and ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to celebrate still being young enough, wise enough, LUCKY enough to be loved and in love. I will celebrate life itself, being a survivor.

Enough is enough. Time to step out of the shadows and into the light.

HERE I COME!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:41 AM, Blogger Luna said...

This is touching and beautiful. Bravo to you!

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Exhilarating and wise. Thank you.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Thanks for reminding me about The Five People quote--I needed that today. Sorrow and loss are universal, but so is recovery.

Prayers and blessings,
Believer

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

what an amazing post Sara. Your courage is like a beacon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home